Tuesday 19 November 2013

Milk Street Mission


This Sunday was a little different to the now familiar skate mission format, as this week I had a brief.
Milk Skateboards were looking for a shot taken on Milk Street, EC2 to accompany a new board design in the latest catalogue.
On arrival in London, we parked in the usual spot and on leaving the car park, met Nate who was shopping with his wife and just happened to be passing. We skated straight to Milk Street. 
The streets of St. Paul's were eerily deserted, we had rarely gifted freedom to skate around in the roads which was a novel experience as this part of London is usually rammed with busses, taxis and the inevitable swarms of tourists and cyclists. Still, I have no idea why it was so quiet.
The shoot went off with little trouble. Once Harley & Sam had worked something out I placed myself as low and close as my lens would allow.
Both Sam and Harley pulled some fun wallie variations out of their respective bags. I got the shots and away we went.
We spent the rest of the afternoon skating around, finding spots and pretty much immediately getting ejected from said spots by the usual rent-a-jobsworths. One rail in particular deserves a return visit. I hope I'll get to show you that soon.
Sam Hayter - wallie crail grab
Harley Miller - wallie, f/s 180