Saturday 5 October 2013

United Skateboard Photography Project

Shameless plug time!

I am very proud to announce that a selection of my skateboard photos have been featured on The United Skateboard Photography Project's website (www.unitedskateboardpp.com).
The man behind this project, Jonathan Young, aims to publish a 300 page hard bound book showcasing work by photographers profiled on the site in early 2014 and help support Grind For Life a charity founded by life long skateboarder Mike Rogers. 
The mission of the Grind For Life organization is to provide financial assistance to cancer patients and their families when traveling long distances to doctors and hospitals. In addition, they educate and inspire these patients and families concerning cancer survival and recovery.

I noticed the site a couple of months ago and wanted to get involved with the project, so  I contacted Jonathan and today, I am featured on the home page with one of my photos - a shot of Mark Munson taken at Urbside earlier in September and a portrait shot of me taken by my friend, Neil Piper.


A selection of ten shots taken in England, Denmark and Barcelona and a short interview make up a profile page which will be one of many. The list of fellow contributors already boasts such names as Grant Brittain, Jim Goodrich, Brian Fick, Fred Ferand to name but a few.
Please take a little while out of your working day to break the rules and look through the profiles on the site, the photos featured on each profile are outstanding and I am honoured to be pictured on the same page as such outstanding artists.

Big thanks to Jonathan for the opportunity to display my pictures on the site and to all the skaters featured in my photos. 

A proper post next time,

Later yeah?