Friday 12 February 2016

Urbside with Harry and Paul





After a great session with Jay, John and Nick (now known to their peers as Slasher, The Tugboat Captain and Nick 'The Glove') early on Sunday morning at Empire, Harry and I jumped in the car with a good supply of carrier bags and headed to Urbside, the under-bridge concrete creation deep in the rolling countryside of Essex. The carrier bags were put to good use covering Harry's shoes on the muddy walk from the car. I'd come prepared with a pair of boots, enabling me to venture into the thick undergrowth and at one point into the river Chelmer the bridge was originally designed to span. 
This was my first visit for many months so a few new bits and pieces have been finished. Including a bowled corner at the far left of the park connecting the pillar wall ride with the small quarter-pipe. It was wet. And a quarter-pipe on the top of the bank has been extended over the bank a little and topped with curb-stones.  
This, is where all the shots came from, but we both skated all the other dry stuff first after clearing the mud a bit. A motorbike rider had driven through the river and enjoyed cleaning his tyres covering the park with a continuous snaking line of thick, black mud. 
Up until this skate, I've never really liked skating at Ubside. I suppose I haven't found a line I'm happy with until now. I got a few bits, Harry got a few bits, we ate some lunch, takes about shots and chilled out. Then I set my lights up at the top of the bank as Harry warmed up.
After rolling away down the bank from four or five good looking f/s feebles Harry took the camera and got some good shots of me doing some bad looking tricks!


Harry Wilson - f/s feeble (into transition then bank) #1

Harry Wilson - f/s feeble (into transition then bank) #2

Harry Wilson - f/s feeble (into transition then bank) #3

Me - b/s feeble

Me - b/s rock & roll #1

Me - b/s rock & roll #2










#uk #skateboarding #urbside #essex #skatelife #pauljacksonphotography #fourwheelfools #harrywilson #thegaryoff #diy #diyskateboarding